"Explore Ice" Experience Tours
Contact us at 1.519.262.3500 ext 208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
50 minutes north of London
No news at this time.
regular tour experience
90 Minute Guided Tour: the Manufacturing Plant, Freezer Studio and our Iceculture Experience Video Presentation!
WHAT WILL YOU SEE?
- Follow the Lake Huron water through the reverse osmosis filtration system (RO) to the block tanks where crystal clear ice is made
- Learn how the finished blocks are harvested, trimmed and packaged
- See how products can be embedded into the ice block during the manufacturing process
- Learn how Iceculture began – we will show you how an ice bowl is created and how it can be custom-decorated for a wedding or special function
- Watch computerized ice carving equipment cut and shape blocks into sculptures
- See skilled carvers work with chain saws and hand power tools to create stunning ice sculptures
- You will see our computer room where CNC technicians take artwork from the design department and prepare it for the CNC routers
- Take a guided tour through an 7500 square foot freezer with a number of changing ice sculptures that you are able to see, touch and photograph!
- See a comprehensive video presentation sharing some of the interesting projects Iceculture has undertaken around the world. Learn about the many challenges the company faces when exporting ice and hear about some of the more amusing experiences that have cropped up in our 25 years.
- Iceculture has been responsible for many machinery and equipment developments in the ice industry – the first company in the world to use CNC technology; the ice lathe which has become an important part of an ice sculptor’s toolkit; and many hand power tools and accessories.
- And in ice design, Iceculture created the process for making ice portraits; developed the beaded ice curtain and a hanging ice chandelier – designs that have transformed events all over the world.
- Understand the unique business of ice lounges and how ice is shipped worldwide to build these attractions – more than 20 worldwide.
- See how NASA had used ice to support the Space Shuttle Return to Flight Program.
- It’s an action-packed tour with things to learn all along the way. The whole family will enjoy the experience and will go home with a new understanding of ice sculpting – a business that has been around for centuries.
Please Call To Book Your Group Tours and Check Availability
All tours must be booked in advance.
Contact our Tour Coordinator for details
Phone: 1-888-251-9967 FREE Ext 208
“We got to fuse pieces (of ice) on a big sculpture, it was great; the tour was very informative”
“We had a great time, show the lathe cutting ice and it would be even better”