"Explore Ice" Experience Tours
NINE BELOW ZERO MARCH BREAK TOURS
MONDAY, MARCH 16 to FRIDAY, MARCH 20
book your tour today! contact karen for pricing and availability at
1-888-251-9967 ext 208
all tours must be prebooked.
50 minutes north of London
No news at this time.
regular tour experience
90 Minute Guided Tour of the Manufacturing Plant and Freezer Studio including the Iceculture Experience!
WHAT DO YOU SEE FOR YOUR MONEY?
- Follow the Lake Huron water through the reverse osmosis filtration system (RO) to the block tanks
- Learn how the finished blocks are harvested, trimmed and packaged
- See how products can be embedded into the ice block during the manufacturing process
- See how an ice bowl is created and learn how it can be custom-decorated for a wedding or special function
- Watch computerized ice carving equipment cut and shape blocks into sculptures
- See skilled carvers work with chain saws and hand power tools to create stunning ice sculptures
- In the computer room, watch CNC technicians take artwork from the design department and prepare it for the CNC routers
- Take a guided tour through the Iceculture Experience, an 8000 square foot freezer with a number of ice sculptures that you are able to see, touch and photograph!
- See a comprehensive video presentation showing some of the interesting projects Iceculture has undertaken around the world. Learn about the many challenges the company faces when exporting ice and hear about some of the more amusing experiences that have cropped up
- Iceculture has been responsible for many machinery and equipment developments in the ice industry – the first company in the world to use CNC technology; the ice lathe which has become an important part of an ice sculptor’s toolkit; and many hand power tools and accessories.
- And in ice design, Iceculture created the process for making ice portraits; developed the beaded ice curtain and chandelier – designs that have transformed events all over the world
- See how NASA had used ice to support the Space Shuttle Return to Flight Program.
It’s an action-packed tour with things to learn all along the way. The whole family will enjoy the experience and will go home with a new understanding of ice sculpting – a business that has been around for centuries.
Please Call To Book Your Group Tours and Check Availability
All tours must be booked in advance.
Call Karen for details 1-888-251-9967 Ext 208